Friday, December 4, 2009

Twilight Rifts

As all good little nerd girls and boys should know, Wednesday is comic day. For those of you who do not know what I am talking about I will give you a quick summation. Every Wednesday new comic books come out, unless of course there is a holiday before that Wednesday and then you won't get comics until the following week.

In our little group of friends it is a tradition for us to get together every Wednesday and talk about what ever comes to mind. Usually it is about the comics that have come out that week but really it varies from movies to books to TV shows. One of the new things that I have recently been introduced to is the Science Theater movies. I had no idea that shows like this existed! After learning that I really enjoyed this, my wonderful boyfriend obtained a copy of the Twilight rifts.

If you have read some of my earlier posts you are well aware of my opinions of The Twilight Saga. I won't continue to go on about it in this post because it is not about my feelings on the sparkling vampires but on the rifts that we watched Wednesday night. I must say that I watched the first movie three times. I had to work the midnight release, my mother and sister wanted to see it and finally, my boyfriend's sister and mother wanted to see it. At the time I must have gone into auto pilot because I really don't remember it being as bad as it was during the commentary.

This commentary has to be some of the funniest commentary I have ever heard on any DVD. Now Kristen Stewart is one of the prettiest girls on the big screen in my opinion but her acting in this movie could make a person with tourette's blush. All her stutters and eye twitches nearly gave me a seizure! All the pauses between Bella and Edward were justified with a simple word...LINE!! The camera man was being "chased by a badger" most of the film, and we watched the whole thing and still the plot was no where to be found, not even the rift guys could find it!

Over all the Twilight rift is one of the most fun times the Wednesday crew has had in quite some time. Let's face it, when convention season ends, the holidays begin and we don't have a lot of time to nerd out! It is with out a doubt a must have and definitely something party worthy! If you want a copy of the Twilight rift go to rifftrax.com and check out all of the rifts online! Please buy them, they are really funny guys and deserve to keep doing whatever it takes to keep us laughing!

No comments: