Monday, May 10, 2010

Marvel does it again!

While I may not be working as a manager at a movie theater any more, I still have friends in high places so to speak and last night I was able to watch IRON MAN 2!  It has been one of the most anticipated films for me to watch this summer and I wasn't disappointed.

There were a few issues that I had with the movie but nothing like some of the other reviews that I have been reading.  One of the major complaints that has come up is the fact that this movie is too busy.  Some feel as if there are too many things going on at once and that it is distracting from the main plot of the film.  My main question to these people is HUH??
If anything this movie has barely any plot and the other story lines are non existent.  The only confusing parts are when Nick Fury shows up.  He was supposed to bring some tie in to the Avengers movie (directed by Joss Wheadon!!) but the only thing he brought to the table was typical angry Sam Jackson delivery and a superior attitude that is supposed to make whoever he is speaking to think about carefully what they are doing or they will be in big trouble!  There was no Avenger tie in until the very end and they practically hit you in the face with it so it didn't really build any excitement for me personally.  I am sure there are some fan boys out there who will love it but mostly that moment was eh.
I think that they really held back in many parts and really the only thing that held the movie together was Robert Downing Jr.  He is so Tony Stark it is ridiculous and everything I loved about the first movie (Tony Stark) was brought back for this second movie.  He is charming and funny and the guy you love to scold!  I never thought I would say this about Robert Downing Jr but the man is simply dreamy in this role.  He makes me want to be Pepper Pots and in this movie I never dreamed I'd say that.

I was really disappointed with the ending fight scene.  It's like when you are getting ready to make sweet lovin' and you are starting out with fore play and then you get to the end and it's as if 2 minutes have passed by and you are lying there asking your self...was that it?    The fore play was great don't get me wrong but I need something a little stronger to finish me off if you know what I'm saying!!! *wink*  I loved the flying and massive amounts of robots and the electric whip blast from Iron Man was jaw dropping and made me squee but I would have loved a little more bad guy verses good guy and have them really duke it out.
The other disappointing thing that may not be that important to anyone else is the fact that at the very end *SPOILER ALERT* Pepper Pots is waiting for whatever the hell dumb women wait for in a situation like that and all the robots decide to blow up and the red light starts blinking faster and faster and making a loud beeping noise...she just sits there and stares at it like it's a freaking bug zapper.  I mean if this had been her first time around the Iron Man world and she hadn't been around destruction and mayhem then I could potentially excuse her blond moment.  This was just unacceptable.  Run woman, scream, throw it, do something!!  Any thing other than just stand there like an idiot!  Gosh, some women just get in my craw!

Other than that I really enjoyed the movie but as many things I will need to watch it again, just in case there is anything I potentially missed.  Until then, fangirl out!

No comments: