Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Oscars!!!

It's that time of year again, the Oscars.  There are many nominations this year that I agree with but there were some people that I wish had bade the cut.  Currently I am watching some Oscar pre-show, checking out the lucky fans who have a front row seat and of course the fashion.


AND MY CHOICES ARE


Ok so I am not going to go through the entire list because quite frankly I don't care about some and it would be exhausting for me to pretend like I do.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Now, I love these nominees but I have to say that the woman I think will win is






















The film she was in is one that is inspired and kind of a revolutionary idea.  Boyhood is one that should be seen just to be apart of something amazing.

Who will win if she doesn't...




















The queen of the Oscars, Meryl Streep gave a fabulous performance in Into the Woods and so it wouldn't shock me entirely if she continued her winning streak and took this award home.


Who I want to win...


















She is adorable, funny, witty and a great actress who I feel can play nearly any role.  Emma Stone is one that I would see no matter what she played in.



BEST DIRECTOR


Who I think will win....














As previously stated, Boy Hood is a revolutionary film and I think it is going to sweep the Oscars this year.  Richard Linklater is a great director and some of the films he has done speak for themselves (Dazed and Confused, Me and Orson Wells)



Who will win if he doesn't...


















This director hasn't really had any break out hits in America besides the Imitation Game but if this doesn't jump start his career here, I am not sure what will.  Imitation Game is a great film and this would be a win that I wouldn't mind in the slightest.


Who I want to win....

















This man has done some truly great films and the Grand Budapest Hotel is just one of the many.  (Life Aquatic, Fantastic Mr. Fox)  I would be tickled to no end if he won but sadly I am a realist and I know that this probably isn't his year.





BEST VISUAL AFFECTS


This category is one of my favorites because a visual story is almost as important as the written story itself.  Also this is pretty much the only category that comic movies get nominated for, which as you may know is something that peeves me but I digress...


Who will win...






















The effects of this movie, I have heard are AMAZING but I have zero desire to see another film about the mysteries of space and blah, blah, blah...but kudos for the amazing visuals.


Who will win if they don't...












Those damn dirty apes!  The nerve of them trying to take over the planet and things!  This movie has been over played and played again.  I am done with the apes, past, present and future.


Who I want to win....























Naturally this movie was one of my favorites of the year, so naturally I would want it to win.  I know this is a dark horse but I'd love to see one of my favorite movies win one of my favorite awards!




Now the show has started!  I will keep updating through out the show!

No comments: